Monday, July 6, 2009

Night Schedule

I have a new respect for women who have a husband that works at night. It is a very different schedule. It hasn't been too hard for me, but I think that has to do with the fact that everything is different here. If we were still at home and all of a sudden Ryan started working nights- I think it'd be alot different. He goes to work about 9pm and then doesn't get home till usually 10am. Tuesdays he has a sub meeting in the morning- so then he usually doesn't get home until 11am or later. Occasionally he gets off on time, and is home by about 9-9:30am. I try to get him to go to bed right away- but that never works! So he usually sleeps from about noon until 8pm.
The good part is that he gets good play time with the kids in the morning and if we have errands to run together-it's nice to do that in the morning. It is nice to know that he's home all day-even if he is asleep for most of it. The hard part is the evening after dinner. The kids get their second wind, and it's impossible to keep them quiet. Plus Ryan doesn't really help with bed time anymore- which is hard after I've been doing kids all by myself all day.
We did go on a date last Friday morning right after he got off work- and it was kinda nice to go to a 10am movie- you don't have to worry about it being sold out!
It's comforting that we won't be on this schedule forever- I don't know if I could handle that!

2 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

You're house looks nice! Bummer about your kitchen space though. I'm glad you are kind of adjusting, but please know we and especially I miss you so much! Thanks for keeping us posted!! Miss you! Tell Kate and Clark we miss and love them!

Kami Milliron said...

Tyler worked at University of Phoenix for a while and his schedule was 1 p.m until 8 p.m. I hated that he got home so late and was never there for dinner, but I loved that we got to cuddle together in the mornings and have breakfast as a family. It was very relaxing.