Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lehi Days

So I guess every year Lehi has a big rodeo, and the whole week before they have all kind of events and parades and such. We were fortunate enough to get here in time for all the festivites, but the two that I'll mention are the parade and the day at the park. I guess they have 3 different parades, but we went to the big one on Saturday morning. It was the first time Kate and Clark had ever been to a parade, and weren't quite sure what was going on at first- but as soon as they started throwing candy- they figured it out! The parade lasted about 2 hours, after which we walked over to Wines Park (the big park in down town) where they had all kinds of fun stuff. There was rides, bounce equipment, face painting, food and a stage where they had performances all day. Here's what we did:


Kate and Clark on a little ride where the swings go around and around ( we waited in line for half an hour) The funny part was watching their faces the faster the swings went and the longer they were on the ride. I thought for sure one of them was gonna loose their lunch!

They are inside a big tiger bouncy thing. They loved that!



The high school FFA brought ponies and a bunch of animals for a petting zoo. They each got a turn on a pony, but I think we're pretty scared the whole time. I wasn't watching Clark closely the whole time, because I was helping Kate get off, and I guess the boy that was leading the pony smacked in on the nose and Clark still talks about it!


Here's Kate and Clark petting the turtles


Clark and Kate petting the bunnies. I think they liked this one best!

2 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

How fun! It's cool you got to enjoy the festivities. They'd never do something like that here--it's too hot!

Ellen said...

How fun!! Kate looks a little nervous on that pony. Her little nervous face makes me giggle.