Sunday, August 30, 2009

What Do You Do in The Summer Time When All The World is Green?

Last Tuesday Dee Dee and I took the kids to Thanksgiving Point for $2 Tuesday. We wanted to get into the Dinosaur museum, but the line was around the building- so we decided to go to the gardens instead. This is Kate, Spencer and Clark next to the biggest man made waterfall.
This is just a little view of the beautiful gardens they have there. We didn't even see all that was there.

Last week we also went to the Sweets Candy Factory in Salt Lake City. We went on a guided tour through the factory and got to see them making jelly beans, salt water taffy, raspberry bars and cinnamon bears. It was quite fascinating to see how they do it- and they even gave us samples along the way. Needless to say, we bought some candy on our way out!

Clark got a bike finally. Is he potty trained? Well, no. But I cracked and we got him one anyways. So now we go on bike rides around the block at least twice a day.

Kate riding her bike. I must say it took them a little while to figure out how to work the petals, but now they're doing really well.

Last Sunday night the weather was beautiful and all the neighbors were outside enjoying it. We ended up over at our neighbors, Jodi and Dave's where Clark and Spencer found a whole bucket of nuts, bolts and other odds and ends. Dave is a mechanic for big construction equipment, so naturally has all kinds of stuff in his garage.

Clark and Spencer in hog heaven.


Dave and Jodi also have 3 boys who are all into BMX racing. So the boys got the ramps out and were doing tricks on their bikes. Dee Dee and I, with all our kids came over to join in the fun.

Clark going on the ramps.


Kate taking her turn on the ramps.


This is just a little snip-it of what goes on in our neighborhood in the summer time!

6 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Those are all the fun things you do during the summer time when you DON'T live somewhere that's as hot as hell : )

Ashley Harris said...

What a difference! That is what we do in the winter here right?! Play outside! I keep thinking - once it cools down I am never closing my windows or doors - I am so tired of feeling trapped by the heat.

You are such a great mom (and brave!) to take your kids to all those fun places! It looks like a blast!

Jen said...

So what do you do in the summer time when the world is brown and horribly hot? Ha Ha!
What a beautiful park to play at.

Jess said...

So much fun!! Jealous as usual!!

Nancy Pitney said...

Thanks for keeping us updated and taking so many cute pics! I asked Rusty if I could come up there sometime and he said yes--so I'll have to call you. How's October for you guys? Let me know!

Tiffany Haynes said...

Gosh you guys are having way too much fun:)

I loved your "Tired" post, by the way. I wanted to tell you how refreshing it is to hear other peoples frustrations with life. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only on that has real feelings. Especially in the blogging world. Sometimes just venting makes all the difference. Know that I totally feel for you and that I am also so tired of where our life is at this point. Hope things will start looking up for ya. We miss you.