Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sleeping With The Window Open

It is offically FALL! The weather has been beautiful, 40's at night at low 60's during the day. We've had a few storms and there is even some snow on the mountains. The leaves are starting to turn and it's just a great time of year. Best of all is sleeping with the window open. You might think we're crazy sleeping with the window open when the temperature is fridgidly between 30 and 40- but it's great! We also have our fan going full blast. I love having it cold in our room and being all snuggly under the covers. I must admit there have been a few nights where I've woke up about 4am asking Ryan if we can close the window cuz I'm freezing. I've also had to get up a few times and put some extra clothes on- but it's worth it. The best part is that I sleep snuggled up right next to Ryan. He is my own personal space heater, and I take full advantage of it. He hates it, because it makes him hot, and the whole point of sleeping with it cold is to cool off!! (Ryan is the person who is in short sleeves when it's snowing, and insists that he's not cold) I need to add that we keep the heater on in the rest of the house so our kids don't freeze!
Another wonderful thing about fall is the PUMPKINS. I love pumpkins and here you can actually leave them on your porch and they don't rot because it's too hot, and you don't have teenagers busting them open in the night.
I hope to take some family pictures in the fall leaves for our Christmas card- I'm just so bummed that Tiffany isn't here- who will take them for us?!

5 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

It was gorgeous here today - we didn't close the doors once and I kept the air off all day - I think the high was 82 or something like that. And I was ecstatic! I couldn't imagine the weather you're having.

I remember the year that I was at BYU, I was enthralled with fall! I would come home with handfuls of leaves, I just thought they were all so gorgeous! You'll have to take some pictures so I can live vicariously through you. :)

Tiffany Haynes said...

:) I'm bummed I'm not there to take them for you too. I would love to do a photo shoot in Utah, especially in the fall.

It's starting to cool off here too and I love it. It's been so wonderful to leave the windows open all day and feel the fresh air. Nothing beats fall.

Jen said...

We have been sleeping w/ the window open for the last 2 nights, and Scott about froze the 1st night, so he had to get a blanket the 2nd night. I'm lovin it!

Nancy Pitney said...

Why don't you fly Tiffany and Nolan up for a day? That would be fun--I'm sure she'd love to come up there just to take your pictures! (Just kidding). You are scaring me though--am I going to freeze in your house while we're up there? I'm going to have to get long johns, just so I can get a good night's sleep! (I've got my fall decor in my house already and I love it! I just need to put my fall scents in the scentsy and then it'll really feel like fall!)

P.S. We've been sleeping with the windows open too--but it only got down to 58 last night. The house was in the high 60's when we got up though!

Ellen said...

Be prepared because it is coming!!! 40's will be the high.

One time our Salt Lake neighborhood lost power for a few days because of a storm. Josh and I had been out of town and got back pretty late at night and realized the problem and decided to rough it!! I remember being curled up in bed wearing three layers of clothes under three blankets and both of us laughing at the mist our breath was making. Oh those UT days were the good days!