Friday, October 9, 2009

Mom of The Year

Yesterday I felt like Mom of the year- and why? Did I do something wonderful and exciting? Well, no - but for the first time, I let Kate and Clark use paints. You might think- that's not a big deal, but with twins you really hesitate to do anything messy- because it can go south really quick. We've had the paints for a while, but I haven't been brave enough to get them out and see what happened. I was pleasently surprised. They did really good. They just sat at the counter and painted. Clark was really into it and didn't even mix all the colors or make a big mess!
So next on the list- play dough. Maybe for their birthday.....

4 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

That's awesome! Way to let go Jel!

Airan said...

You are a brave soul! Kelson is no where near being allowed to touch paint! We are still mastering the art of coloring! He does pretty good, though. We tried the play dough thing once a while back, he tried eating it... then I let him try again a few months ago and he just liked me to roll it into balls so he could squash it! Good luck Mom of the Year!

Jen said...

I am the same way, and luckily I have a kid who likes to stay clean and who doesn't try and eat new & interesting things.
Gotta love that:)

Janie said...

did you move to Utah? Your kids are super cute.