Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bandaids and Baseboards

I hate bandaids. At first they work great to get kids to stop crying when they get hurt, but then they want a bandaid for just about everything. I'm cheap and don't want to buy bandaids every week- so rarely do I give them to my kids. Well acouple days ago Kate was standing behind me and I didn't see her, and when I turned around I smacked her right in the nose. I decided that was worth a bandaid and gave her one. I went on doing what I was doing while she put it on herself, and this is what it looked like........


Yesterday Kate got in trouble for drawing with a crayon on the wall, so I made her scrub it off with a rag. Clark wanted in on the fun, so I gave him one too. When the wall was clean, they were having so much fun cleaning, they wanted something else to clean- so I told them to clean the baseboards! It didn't last long, but I think it's time we get out a little more...



4 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

Yeah, the rule in our house is that you only get a bandaid if you are bleeding. Otherwise they would want a bandaid for every little tiny scratch!!

LOVE Kate's bandaid placement!

Those pics of your kids cleaning are too cute!

Kami Milliron said...

Um, child labor . . I love it : ) I love when Douglas likes cleaning. And don't worry, we'll go bankrupt on band aids together : )

Jenny Johnson said...

That's hilarious that your kids have a fascination with bandaids!

The Curry Family said...

My daughter hates band-aids. She cries at the thought of having to get one, she's weird! LOL I love how Kate put her band-aid on!

Your cute kids can come clean my baseboards anytime ;)