Monday, January 11, 2010

Good-Bye

As our time in Utah draws to an end, we have to do the dreadful thing called 'saying goodbye'. I personally hate this, because 1. it makes me emotional and I feel stupid if I cry , 2. there really is no goodbye's in my book. I believe that everyone that I love and care about I'll see again eventually and you always carry a part of that person within your heart and 3. it's just the way life goes, you can't keep in touch or hang out with every person you ever met, so to me saying good-bye is like ending the friendship. If you don't say good-bye, it's like saying, I still love you and we're still friends even if I don't get to see you anymore. Anyways.
Saturday night we went over to our friends Merlin and Julie's house. Merlin works for Okland also and was the other lead Superintendent with Ryan on the Target job. He and Julie are staying for another year to do a new-build Target. They have 3 kids, Derek (6), Megan (4) and Ella (4months). Derek and Megan are some of the few friends Clark and Kate have here, and I know they are sad to not be able to play with them anymore.













Clark and Derek playing with Dereks race track.



Sunday Ryan's cousin, Morgan, had his mission farewell in Roosevelt, so we had the chance to see all of his Mom's family one more time. We have had the chance to spend alot of time with his aunts and uncles while we've been here and I've adopted them as my own. I don't have a very big extended family, and we aren't very close to them - so when I married into Ryan's family- I adopted them all. All of my grandparents have been deceased for many years, so I love Grandma and Grandpa Roberts. I am probably closer to them than I was my grandparents.




This is the house Ryan's mom grew up in, on their family farm. Ryan has alot of fun memories from his childhood there, so we went to visit. Grandma and Grandpa Roberts sold the farm about 8 years ago.















Here's Grandma Roberts with Kate and Clark

Here's all of ust with Grandpa Roberts and Grandpa and Grandpa together- arent' they so cute?!

4 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

I hate goodbye's too but I must say I am SO excited you are coming home!! I have missed you guys so much!! I am sure it will be hard to leave, but just know you have a Gigantic welcoming party waiting for you.

Ashley Harris said...

That's hard - especially since it's not like you're moving across town - it's across states! But we're excited for you to be back!

Airan said...

We can't wait for you guys to come back! Kelly is excited to have a friend again :) and I can't wait to just hang out and catch up!

Deb said...

Hi Jen. I hope you don't mind my visiting your blog. I saw you posted a comment on Tiffany's blog and I thought, "I wonder how Jen is doing in Utah." I'm sure it's hard to leave Utah now that you are probably finally starting to get use to it and settle down. And how horrible to have to move twice in one year. Moving SUCKS!

Well don't be offended that we aren't there for swim lessons next summer. Our family packed up and moved to Oklahoma in November. Smith and Adelaide will miss you when it's time to start swimming again.