Thursday, July 1, 2010

Father's Day

I know this post is late, but I have not had the brain power to do anything with swim lessons- and now that swim lessons are done, I can get back to life!
Even though Ryan had to work this Father's Day, I still did my best to make it special for him. He went to work about 5am to open up the job site, then came back home about 8am. While he was gone we wrapped his presents and made him Blintzes for breakfast.
Here's Ryan's presents. We made the little tape measure that has a little paper you pull out that says" We love you this much!" He also got a new mag lite and I put together a picture collage poster, all pictures of him with Kate and Clark.
I was really surprised how much he liked the picture collage. I thought he'd say "thanks for the centimental, non useful gift" but he looked at it all day long and even took it to work to put up in his office.
I made a special dinner with all the things that Ryan loves, lasagna and homemade rolls. For dessert I made this raspberry trifle that turned out awesome. I combined a few different recipies to make this one.
Despite Ryan's face, the trifle was very tasty! Happy Fathers Day!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yummy!! Happy belated Father's Day to ryan!!

Ellen said...

Best dessert ever! Ryan was just trying to get the first taste!