Thursday, July 1, 2010

SCUBA

A year after Ryan and I got married I bought Ryan scuba lessons for his birthday. He has always wanted to get scuba certified and I thought buying him lessons would do the trick. Well not too long after we bought the lessons, I got pregnant with the twins and that was put on hold. We tried to do the certification after the twins were born, before our cruise, but it just didn't work out. So 4 years later we finally finished!
We had to do 2 nights of classroom and then a whole day at the pool practicing our techniques. Then this passed Saturday and Sunday we went to Lake Pleasant to do our 4 open water dives to complete the certification. Even though it was a nasty, dirty lake, we still enjoyed it. Being able to breathe underwater is just cool. We did see a few fish and Ryan even found a golf ball. We're just excited that we found something that we both enjoy that we can do together. We're kinda polar opposites in that regard. He likes to work on cars , watch movies and play video games and I like to swim in the pool, sit on the beach, go shopping and get pedicures! I think I got the better end of the deal because now Ryan will willingly go to the beach! It's just too bad that we picked the most expensive sport around!
So do we have a scuba trip planned? No, not yet. But we are saving our pennies so we can!

No comments: