Friday, June 18, 2010

Kids Are Like Talking Parrots

Yesterday I had one of those moments where I realized that my kids listen to EVERYTHING you say, good and bad. Mostly the bad stuff you don't want them to hear. Here's what happened. We were getting ready to go feed the chickens and Kate was standing by the sliding back door. It has a lock on the handle and a safety lock on top. She was waiting for me to open the top lock when she said;
Kate: Mom, open this stupid damn door.
Me: What did you say?
Clark: Kate said open the stupid damn door.
Me: Hey! We do not talk like that.
Kate: Ok Mom. I won't say stupid damn door anymore.

I should have just sent her to her room, but I was trying so hard not to laugh! So don't judge me because I'm a horrible parent and my kids hear me swear!

2 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Baahahaa, that is HILARIOUS !

Nancy Pitney said...

I just can't wait til she says "Mom, get me that stupid damn cup"! And you'll say, "we don't say that", and she'll say, "I thought I couldn't say stupid damn door"! Love it!