Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Ryan and I had a hard time with Easter this year. The more and more we thought about it, the less and less we wanted to do 'The Easter Bunny'. Life is too short for kids to think that Easter is about a Bunny and not about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. I really want my kids to know and understand that Easter is the most glorious day we can celebrate because of what Christ's Resurrection means to all of us. SO, we still did the Easter Bunny and gave the kids baskets, but it was not that big of a deal. We talked more about Jesus getting a 'new body' than we did anything else. It worked out great that my Mom had a big Easter egg hunt so the kids got tons of candy, got to play with their cousins, and experience the candy part of Easter on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Here's Kate getting her eggs. I do have to do a little explanation about her outfit. She doesn't always look this homely. Earlier that day her Grandma(Ryan's Mom) gave her the skirt, which she had made for Kate for Easter. She had a plain white shirt on when we got to my Moms, but within 15 minutes had spilled strawberry soda on it. So she had to borrow one of her cousin Nolan's t- shirts.

Clark had a great time finding the eggs. Even with the huge strawberry soda mustache.

Opening their eggs


I hope you all had a great Easter filled with candy, family, and a love of the Savior for the precious gift He has given us.

3 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Doing the Easter egg hung the day before is a great way to keep Easter as a day of reverence and reflection.

Susan said...

Holy cow Jen, I found your blog off of Kamis!! Its Susan Duve Hancock. Wow, what a cute family you have!! So, I hear you do swim lessons, are you doing them this summer and whats your schedule like? I have a problem, I live in Safford right now but I would totally come down for a week or something just to get my daughter learning something. I dont have a pool here and I refuse to put her in public swim lessons here. There is one pool for the whole county here so you can only imagine the ZOO it ends up being. I cant pay someone to teach her lessons when there are so many kids and I could do better myself anyway. So, email at suz_d1@hotmail.com and tell me what you think!!!

Jen said...

I agree, It's hard when mythological characters get in the way of the true meaning of holidays.