Monday, April 12, 2010

Swim Meet

When we moved back from Utah I decided not to renew my gym membership, but instead to start swimming on a Masters swim team. I have really enjoyed being back in the water, since I haven't consistantly swam since high school. My sister Nancy and I both swim and thought it'd be fun to take our husbands down to Tucson for a weekend and compete in the Masters State Meet. We drove down Friday afternoon, and Nancy and I both swam the 1000 yard freestyle. (That's 40 lengths of the pool). Then Saturday I swam 4 individual events and one relay. This video is the 50 yard butterfly. Not too shabby for an old lady who hasn't competed in 12 years!

7 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

You're a machine, look at you go ! Nice job : ) Now you just need to teach Douglas to do that !

Randee Mecham said...

Go Jel!!

Unknown said...

Your streamlines look awesome. I need to learn how to kick like you! It was fun! Thanks for going down with us!

Nancy Pitney said...

sorry that was really me, signed in as you! OOPS!

Jen said...

Wow! I'm impressed!
You Rock!

Jennifer Nielson said...

So awesome! Thanks for sharing. Looks like lots of fun ;)

Unknown said...

Ya! I noticed the streamlines too! I think I would pass out if I tried to do 6+kicks off the wall! AWESOME!