Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mouse Bite

The strangest thing happened at 5am this morning. I was enjoying my sleep when all of a sudden I feel this scratch on my elbow. ( I had it bent up by my head) I thought it was just Clark, he's been getting up alot latley in the night, so I rolled over to investigate. No Clark. I turned the lamp on, get out of bed, and Ryan lifts the mattress up and this blur of color goes running near the edge of our bed. YUCK! So I freak out and jump on the bed, just to look over and see it run out of our room. Ryan gets up and for the next 20 minutes we're searching the house for the rodent. The gross thing is that it actually drew blood. It scratched the skin right off and I had a little drop of blood on my skin. I'm not sure it was a mouse- I didn't get a good look, but what else can bite and run that fast?
What grosses me out the most is that it was in my bed on my pillow. NASTY. Needless to say we changed all the sheets and tomorrow I'm going to go to Walmart to get a mouse trap.
I called my sister Bridgett just to make sure I didn't need a rabies shot- and she said most mice don't carry it- so I'm good.
Now I'm just freaked out to walk around my house without shoes and to sleep in my bed!

7 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

That is weird and it would freak me out too. I think it would be worse if it were like a huge roach or something. Then I would be freaking out. Glad to know you don't have rabies.

I went and looked back at that picture of you and Ryan at the game. I noticed a LITTLE something different when I first saw that picture. But now that I know what it is - all I have to say is you look GREAT ; )

Erin Ann said...

YUCK!! We had a huge problem with mice in our house when they were building new houses just a lot away. I rolled up our rug one day in the kitchen, mopped the floor, and went to put the rug back when a mouse jumped from the top of the rolled up rug .... AHHHH!!! I can't stand mice. I hope the little mouse dies (sorry mouse) and you get some sleep!

Jenny Johnson said...

That is scary! I would have freaked out the same way! Hopefully it doesn't go near Clark & Kate!

Jen said...

Yuck! That would totally freak me out. I guess I'm kinda dealing w/ the same thing too, except it's scorpions. I went to turn on my bedroom light the other night and there was one coming out of the light swtich.

Tiffany Haynes said...

Oh my gosh! That is so creepy. Hope you find it soon.

Kate & Clark look adorable in their costumes. Awesome job! We're so excited you guys are coming home. Nolan needs some friends.

Janie said...

First - gross. Did you put alcohol on your elbow to disinfect? I wonder what prompted it to go for a human? Don't they usually stay by the pantry? Not to scare you, but I heard if you see ONE mouse, that usually means there are more around. Know any friends in the pest control business?

Second - cute costumes! I might steal that idea for next year :)

Ellen said...

Okay I would have flipped out! Seriously icky!! Just squirt some windex on there and you'll be good.