Monday, November 16, 2009

January

For those of you who haven't heard yet, we won't be moving back to Mesa until January, for sure this time. I know you're thinking, "yeah right, I've heard that before", but we really are coming home the end of January. Ryan is in charge of a 10 story building, and he needs to see it all the way until the end before we can come home. When we come home, he will be starting a private school remodel in Chandler.
I am very excited to get back to Mesa and back to my "normal" life with all my friends and family, but there is a little part of my heart that will be sad to leave Utah. When we first got here I didn't invest any time or energy in making friends, but when we found out we were going to be here longer than expected, I decided it was time to reach out and make friends. I'm finally getting to the point where I feel I have friends at church and I know who people are. I've even made some really good friends I'll be sad to leave.
This has been a great experience for Ryan and I and for us as a family. I feel so much closer to Ryan, and I'm learning how to be a better Mom. It also has made me appreciate some things I took for granted. First- my family. I really have missed being able to go to my Mom's, and being able to go to family functions. Not to mention the baby sitters! I don't think I've ever spent so much money on babysitters the whole of Kate and Clark's life as I have while being here!
Second- my house. I didn't realize how much I loved my house until I had to live in a rental. Ryan and I spent a lot of time and money over the last two and half years fixing up our house and I miss it!
Third- my ward. I miss all my friends and feeling a part of the ward. I miss the dynamics of it and the feeling of family there.
Anyways- I didn't mean to go on and on- just wanted to let you know we'll be home soon. I'm making a point to get home before London's Run, so I can run the 10k- anyone want to join me? I won't be in very good running shape by then, I can't run anymore- seeing as the high is 35 and there's snow on the ground!

5 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I am happy you're coming back home, but can understand your sadness as well. You have lived in Utah for a while, which is a gorgeous place that actually has more than one season ! Plus you get to have an actual white Christmas : ) But just know that you are coming home to everything you know and love. Are you coming back to Bunco : ) We have missed you !

Ellen said...

Okay I told Josh about this last night and he went on this bitter rant about how Utah has stolen his brother friend from him. Then he topped it off with a fake sob....we both miss you. He's given up on acting macho. We might build one of those paper chains counting down the return of the Johnsons!

Hannah Manis said...

GEESH Baby Sitters these days!! They always want so much Money!!!! Hahahaha!! Just Kidding Just Kidding! I know I miss baby-sitting those kids! Ya so you better be telling me those prices if they have gone up !!! hahah! I am kidding!!

Love and miss you SO much!

P.S. I was thinking that when you come home I will more than likely cry! I miss your hugs, and the kids hugs, eyelash kisses etc...

;-D

Nancy Pitney said...

YEA! Finally! I'm totally with you on the 10k. I"m making myself run the days I don't go swimming. It's so funny because now is the time that I actually CAN go running--it's not too hot! :-)

Jenny Johnson said...

We are counting the days until you come home!! I was worried you might nevere make it back at all!