Friday, November 20, 2009

Mouse Trapped

The saga of my mouse bite continues.......
Yesterday I was making dinner when Ryan saw a little something run from behind the fridge and into the panty. He slowly started moving the stuff that was on the floor out of the pantry-then got the idea that he should close off the pantry opening, so the mouse couldn't run out again.
So here is the mouse blockaide. Ryan put up this foam board and then continued to take everything off the floor ,only to find- THE MOUSE!
Here is the mouse trapped in the empty pantry. I was disgusted. I couldn't even look at it, Ryan had to take the pictures for me. The mouse was not very happy to be stuck in there, in fact he tried to jump out. He could even get about a foot and half off the floor.
Ryan had a 'Ratatuille' moment where he thought the mouse was cute and didn't want to kill it. He even let the kids see it and was getting a bit too attached when I had to remind him that the rodent had knawed on my elbow and deserved the death penalty.
So as we are deciding how we are going to kill it, Ryan got the broom, and trapped the mouse under the broom. We decided Ryan should take it out into the garage and either drown it or whatever other cruel, or torturous thing he could think of. When Ryan lifted up the broom, he was dead. Much easier than we anticipated.
Here's my fearless husband with the dead mouse. He put it in a ziplock bag and filled it with water, just in case Basil of Baker St. decided to wake up.
I'm glad we finally found the mouse and got rid of it, but now I'm worried about more. I've got the heebie-jeebies all over again, and I'm afraid to walk into a dark room or to open doors. YUCK. It's like living in the Fire Swamp and being afraid the R.O.U.S.'s are going to jump out and get you.

7 comments:

The Curry Family said...

I don't like mice! When we moved into our house in Vegas, we didn't have a trash can yet. I was just putting our trash bags in the garage...then I noticed little droppings and holes in the bag. I made my husband put traps out, and we caught 3 of them! Ick!

Randee Mecham said...

Jel I love how much you have been posting!! This post cracked me up b/c I would totally be the same way! I love how you guys were coming up with torturous ways to kill it!

Kami Milliron said...

That is too funny. You are all macho and in charge and Ryan is all nice and wants to keep the mouse as a family pet : ) I would be the same way as him and Tyler would be like you. I would want to just lovingly let it go in the backyard and hope it was smart enough to run free. Tyler would have done something evil to it !

Glad you caught it !

Nancy Pitney said...

Love it. I cracked up when I read the first time you wrote "pantry" because you accidentally typed "panty"--for a second I saw the mouse in your shorts! :-) Glad you caught him, but I'm with Ryan--i think they're cute. It's the little droppings they leave behind that are disgusting.

Jen said...

Ha Ha Ha!
So glad you caught it, I would have also been freaking out living w/ that thing.

Ashley Harris said...

I would have been freaking out! If it makes you feel any better - my brother and sister in law (Byron and Jana) moved up to Draper,Utah and they have mice too - it must just be a Utah thing!

We miss you too!! Can't wait till January!

Ellen said...

Okay I choked a little on my Sprite when I read the ROUS reference. Thanks for the good laugh this morning.