Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PMS.

Is it possible for a 3 year old to have PMS? I think so. Yesterday I had quite the day with Kate. It was tears from the moment she woke up. Here's an example: We were outside playing in the snow and Kate had to go pee. So I sent her upstairs by herself, usually she can do it all by herself, but for some reason yesterday she didn't make it. After a few minutes I went in to check on her, come to find her in her room trying to put a diaper on herself. I told her she could not wear a diaper, but she had to wear 'little panties' (real panties) or 'princess panties' (pull-ups). She just lost it. She wanted to wear that diaper. I took it away and told her to get herself dressed. After about 10 minutes she finally put a pull-up on, but then came the decision as to what to wear since her skirt and tights were all wet. Here's how the conversation went after that.
Me: Here's your white tights, put these on.
Kate: I don't want those tights.
Me: Ok. Then put on some pants.
Kate: I don't want pants, I want to wear a skirt.
Me: If you want to wear a skirt, then you have to wear tights.
Kate: I don't want to wear those tights.
Me: Ok, fine. Either put on the pants or the tights.

At this point I walk out of her room, with her still throwing a fit. After a few minutes she decided to put on the tights, but of course couldn't put them on herself- even though usually she demands she does it herself. So she is yelling/crying from her room for me to come help her.
Once we had the tights on we had to pick out a skirt. The one she wanted was dirty, so that started the whole process over again until she could pick out a skirt.

Poor girl. She is doomed. If she is already having emotional issues over everything- I'm not looking forward to when she is 13!

5 comments:

Allison Johnson said...

You just described every day at our house. I feel your pain...and am also fearing the teenage years and hormones!!

The Weights said...

So Funny!! My friends have 3 girls and they call it Baby PMS- so it must be something that many parents experience!!

Nancy Pitney said...

Come on Jel, she's your daughter, could you expect anything less? You changed your outfits 10 times a day at that age. And in the summer you just went around naked! Ha! What goes around comes around! (I'm just teasing--I'm sure it's a big pain in the butt!)

Ashley Harris said...

Yes, girls are oh so much fun! I can't believe how difficult Katelyn can be sometimes!

Me said...

Welcome to my world, baby....welcome to MY WORLD!! I am moving to Africa without my children when Ide hits puberty.