Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cute Kids






My life has been pretty hectic lately - so it's a good thing my kids are so dang cute, cuz they keep me going. A few weeks ago Ryan was presented an opportunity to remodel our kitchen floors, pretty much for free. Okland has a concrete division, and Ryan is friends with the guy who runs it. So they decided to rip out our nasty linoleum and do polished concrete floors. So we have gone through 2 grinding sessions, where they grind down the concrete to expose the rock. What does that mean, you ask? DUST!! My house is covered. FYI - I won't be cleaning until it's all done. Now they are going to pour another 1/2" top coat and then grind and polish that. That should be done this weekend.


So that is why I need my kids to keep me going! They have been alot of fun lately. They just love to play and are getting really good at playing with each other. Clark's favorite thing is to sit or lay on top of Kate so she can't move, or steal her toy or push her over. Do boys come programmed or what!? Kate is into sound effects and loves to push cars around. She also loves to play with blocks or her farm with all the animals. She knows the sounds for cow, pig and dog. She finally started saying "mama" , whereas Clark just calls me "Paco"(what all the grand kids call my dad), or in his words "caco".

6 comments:

Mortensen Family said...

wow! having your house under construction is sometimes not fun, but most of the time worth it! We are still not finished with what we started almost 2 years ago now! We will get there soon though. can i add you to my friend list? I will talk to you soon!

The Montgomerys said...

Jel, welcome to the blog world! Your kids are so cute!!

Kami Milliron said...

I LOVE that you have a Blog and I LOVE that you're in the Bunco Group ! It's SO fun seeing you once a month.

Sorry you have to go through all the dust and stress to get your floors done. But when they're done, I bet they look awesome !

Your Kids are SO flippin cute and I can't wait to meet them in person someday. Clark is SO handsome ( oh and yes, Boys pretty much come programmed to be the way they are ! ) and Kate is SO precious. She looks JUST like a Haynes, I love it !

Jenny Johnson said...

These are my 2 favorite kids in the WHOLE entire world!! I can;t wait to take them to the zoo tomorrow!!

The Weights said...

They are getting so big and they are at such a fun age!! Enjoy every minute! Good luck with the flooring!!

Jen said...

Remodel is the pits while it's being done (DUST!!!), but i love reaping the rewards from it afterwards. You better show after pics when it's done.