Wednesday, April 23, 2008

18 Months


Today is officially Kate and Clarks 18 month mark. I know everyone says this- but it really does go by fast. So what did they do to celebrate this event? Gave up the bottle!! We had already cut them down to only one before bed, but I decided I'm done cleaning all those bottle parts, and said , "18 months is enough!" So tonight they went to bed without a bottle. Clark was pretty upset about it, but Kate soon figured out that it's the same thing in a sippy cup and wasted no time drinking her milk. I know that 18 months is kinda a long time to keep a kid on a bottle, but when you have twins and all you want is a good nights rest- you'll do just about anything to try to keep them asleep as long as possible.
For Christmas my Mom got Kate and Clark a wall hanging that you can keep their height measurements on, and today was the first day we made their marks. Clark is 2ft 8 1/2 in. and Kate is 2ft 6in.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day. I'm still cleaning up from the floors- which I have yet to take pictures and post. I have to clean them first, and until I get rid of all the dirt, it's kinda pointless. So it'll be a few days before I post pictures. The kids had a great time staying with Nana and Paco while Ryan finished the floors. We also went to the zoo with Aunt Jenny. I forgot my camera over the weekend, so I'll have to get the pictures from my Mom and Jenny before I can put those up too.

1 comment:

Kami Milliron said...

Happy 18 Month mark ! We still put Douglas to bed with his sippie cup. He drinks out of big boy cups during the day, but getting him to go to bed with out a sippie is insane ( I really think it's a security thing ) So don't worry, we do whatever it takes to keep our child happy too : )