Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Time And A Season

Yes, it is true- there is a time and a season for everything in life, and unfortunately for me, that means my days of swimming on Mesa Aquatics Masters are coming to a close. I have been swimming masters since we moved home from Utah, about a year and half ago and I absolutely love it. I swim 3 days a week, right smack in the middle of the day- so not only do I get a little bit of 'me time' but I get to work out and get a tan all at the same time. It has been increasing more difficult with the three kids to work it into our schedule and find babysitters. Both my mom and Ryan's mom have been watching them once a week, but to make it worth the monthly dues, I really need to go at least 3 days a week. So really, babysitting is the only issue. So I looked into going back to the gym, and for the same amount of money I pay to swim every month, I can get a gym membership with unlimited daycare. So it just makes more sense to go back to the gym.
I really liked working out at the gym when I went before, but I'm kinda nervous to go back. Swimming was not only a workout, but a time for me to socialize and have friends. I think I will miss that just as much as being in the water. So if you work out at Mountainside Fitness- let me know- I need a friend! I'm hoping that when Kate and Clark are in school full time, maybe I can go back to swimming.
Why is it so hard to close chapters of our lives and move on to new ones?

2 comments:

The Wagamans said...

I'm dying here because long ago I had to close the chapter on working out AND me time and here you are just switching times and locations!! My jealousy is boiling over right now!! AHHH!!! I guess it is one of the huge blessings you have from living close to family!! Jealousy again!! Maybe I should just stay away from your blog for a while . . . :)

Anonymous said...

Jen Johnson, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: