Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year

 We have quite a bit of fireworks leftover from when we lived in Utah, and decided that New Years Eve was a good time to get them out. It was a little chilly that night, but Kate and Clark had a good time with the sparklers and such. We basically just lit all we had, so now we just have a few sparklers and pops left. 
After we did fireworks with the kids, we dropped them off with my niece Hannah and went to Nancy's house for her new years party. I had a good time hanging out with my sisters and Ryan had fun playing darts with the boys in the garage. 



We knew that it had been snowing all that week up at the cabin and had debated all week whether or not to go up there. We were pretty upset that we were there just a week before and got NO snow. So on the way home from Nancy's party, at midnight, we decided,"What the heck! Lets just go!". We invited family first, and Ryan's brother Rick and his wife Amanda said they'd go with us. Because of all the snow that was on the highway- they weren't letting anyone with out 4 wheel drive or chains up there. Luckily we have both. (It is this very reason that we will ALWAYS own a vehicle with 4 wheel drive) So Saturday morning we loaded up the tahoe and took a day trip to the cabin.


This is just a small snapshot of what it looked like when we got there.  It was
absolutely beautiful. I haven't seen that much snow in Payson or up at the cabin
in a long time. 
We had to rummage through all the snow gear up there to find stuff for everyone
 to wear. Ryan found these bibs and had to tie them around his neck to get them
to stay on. I just died laughing when I saw that. 
Thanks to my older sister Aimee who bought this snow suit for her son Wyatt probably 15 years ago.  It was great for Clark. It kept him warm and dry all day. 

Here's Rick trying to make and throw snow balls. The snow was so powdery that it
wasn't stickin together very well.
Here's Kate with her favorite Auntie Amanda.



Here's Ryan and I relaxing in the snow. It was so soft you literally just had to fall into it. My snowboarding clothes came to good use- although I was not able to zip the pants! Needless to say my pants on the butt were a little wet by the end of the day!

Kate and Clark trying to walk in the snow. It was at least 3 feet deep,
and your feet would just go right through the snow.
After sledding down the hill for awhile, we decided to try it behind the tahoe.
My dad wanted Ryan to drive up and down the driveway to make it easier for
whoever came up after us, so he took that very seriously! We must have gone up and down the
driveway at least a dozen times. 
It was really fun being pulled behind the tahoe. My arms were so sore the next day, because I had to use my arms to hold myself on, as my abs are of no use these days!
It was a great ending to a long 2 weeks with Ryan at home. Too bad all good things come to an end, and Ryan went back to work, bills had to be paid, the budget needed reviewing, and new year goals had to be set. Even though real life eventually takes over, we look forward to this new year and all the fun things that will happen!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah for snow!! Glad you guys got to go enjoy it!!

Ellen said...

The snow looks amazing and your new background is super cute!