Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby

About a week ago I had the "Oh my gosh, I'm having a baby!" realization. Which sounds stupid, I know. How do you not notice your belly getting bigger, your hips hurting and the constant trips to the bathroom? But I guess I just hadn't had the mental capacity to wrap around all the little things that needed to happen for me to be ready for this baby. It just hit me that maybe I should buy a package of diapers, or maybe buy some pacifiers or even wash some blankets and clothes for the poor child. I guess it has just been so long since I've had a little baby that I forgot all the little things that babies require. 
 With the baby about a month away, Ryan and I decided it was time for Kate and Clark to bunk their beds and share the same room. In addition to putting their beds together, I had to find a new dresser for the 2 of them to share. Kate has been using the  changing table dresser and Clark had a small one a friend gave us. So that started the search on Craigslist. I found one that I liked, that was big enough for them to share and luckily when we went to look at it, it was in good shape. Dresser. Check.
Ryan assembling the beds
Kate helping Ryan( new dresser in back)


Ta da!
Once we got them in the same room, and moved the changing table dresser to the other room, I realized I didn't have a changing table pad anymore. There's one more thing to add to the list.  It's a good thing I still have about 5 weeks before this baby gets here- because I have a lot to do between now and then! I still have to get blankets, clothes, bouncy chair,  car seat, bumbo and other random things out of the attic. I also realized that I don't have a swing anymore, I never bought a boppy nursing pillow because I had to have a special one for twins, I don't have a diaper bag,  and maybe I should invest in a nursing bra! I may not be ready with these essentials, but I did manage to make the time to find fabric and make new bumper pads for the crib! It's so much funner to do bumper pads and make a quilt than make sure my baby has clothes to wear!
Here's Charlie's bumper pads. I will post a better picture when I get
the crib assembled!

No comments: