Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Computer

Our computer died about 2 weeks ago, hence the lack of blogging, or keeping in touch with anyone. It was quite sad, but I must have got a virus or something, and everything we tried didn't fix it. When we realized there was no hope of fixing it, we started the process of figuring out what computer we wanted next. I have wanted to try Mac for along time, but there was no need to get a new computer when we had a perfectly fine Dell. So when the computer died, I voiced my opinion again to try Mac. Ryan was not keen on the idea, as he is a die-hard PC user. (It's like the whole Chevy - Ford argument.) Anyways after a week of debating and shopping,  he broke down and bought me a Mac. My brother Rob works for Apple and helped us pick out the right one for us. Of course Ryan had to have the upgraded everything so that he could play his video games, and much to my dismay we spent a whole heap of money on a computer instead of the sleep number bed I've been coveting for months. We ordered it online, and finally received it yesterday. I am still trying to learn the in's and out's of the Mac, and I'm sure I'll be frustrated with it until I can figure it all out. That being said, we have to take our external hard drive and new computer down to the Apple store and have them transfer all of our files. Hopefully we can do that this week and I'll have all my pictures and can start catching up on all the blogging I've procrastinated. So if anyone wants to give me a tutoring session on Mac- I'd appreciate it!

3 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

You'll do fine. It doesn't take long. I love your blog background and everything. Maybe I'll give you some Mac lessons if you give me some blogger ones!

Ellen said...

My husband now covet's thy neighbor's MAC.

Kami Milliron said...

We love our Mac and now I am in love with the ITouch Tyler got me for my BDay. Did you ever find someone to help you ? It gets easier as you go.