Monday, November 29, 2010

Kate & Clark's 4th Birthday

( Yes, still catching up)
Kate has always been about 3 inches smaller than
Clark, but not this birthday. She is only 1/2 and
inch behind him!
Kate and Clark turned 4 on October 23rd! How is it possible that my babies are 4 years old? As I look back over the last 4 years, I am glad to be where I am today, but do miss my cute little babies. I guess that's why I'm having another one!

Since  their birthday fell on Saturday this year, I decided to throw them a real birthday party. It's hard to know what to do for opposite sex twins, as you can't do anything gender specific. Luckily for me I have a party planning sister, and Nancy came up with the idea for their party. We did a carnival with all sorts of little games. We also did relay races, cake and ice cream, presents and even a pinata.
Here's some of the set up of the games. We Auntie Lorette did the ring toss, my niece Hannah did face painting and Ryan at the go fish.
Here's the duck pond game, Auntie Lisa, Ellie, Auntie Amanda and Jack
Here's the awesome bean bag toss Ryan made the morning of their birthday.  Just one more reason I love that man. 
Here's all the kids patiently waiting for the birthday cake. I made 2 ice cream rolls (tradition in the Johnson family)   and let Kate and Clark pick out the ice cream. I'm glad I made my own instead of paying an arm and a leg for a cake- since none of the kids ate it anyways! ( Check out the unicorn pinata- that was the only one Kate and Clark could both agree on. Sorry- no pics of busting the pinata- I was trying to hard to keep the kids safe with the baseball bat!)
Opening presents! 
They both had a great day. We were planning on taking them where ever they wanted for dinner- and with a little persuasion from Mom and Dad- we got Barros take out and watched "How to Train Your Dragon". Thanks to everyone who helped me throw it together and all our friends who came. Especially thank you to Nana for letting us use her house!

1 comment:

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what to do for my BOYS with their birthday's. I cannot imagine having to do a BDay party for a boy and a girl. You're my new Hero Jel : )