Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's a..........

GIRL!!
I really had no expectations as to what this baby was going to be- so yes, I'm happy it is a girl. After the appointment I went to my sisters to pick up the kids and when I told them, Kate was thrilled and Clark was pretty upset. When I loaded them in the car, he kept making "humph" sounds. I asked him what was wrong he said, "Mom, I don't want a baby sister, I want a brother. I don't like sisters, I only like brothers."
I kinda felt bad for him, and had to explain that we don't get to choose what kind of baby we get. This morning he seems to have accepted it- eventhough it's not what he wanted!
I'm starting to feel excited for this baby. I don't know if it's because it's not the first, so it's not all new and exciting this time around, but I haven't really been 'into' this pregnancy. The last time I was reading books and magazines and trying to learn all I could about being pregnant and having a baby. This time I feel like 'whatever'. Plus it's still so far away- alot is going to happen between now and March. I also think I have so much going on in life right now, I don't have the mental capacity to think about or start preparing for this baby.
Anyways- its starting to sound like I'm complaining about being pregnant- I'm not, I am really excited to have another baby in our home. I guess I'm comparing this one to the last one, and they are totally different. At least this time, all things will be pink!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Some how i missed your pregnancy post.
Congrats on another girl :)

Allison Johnson said...

I didn't really get into my second pregnancy until I was in the hospital delivering. That's not to say I wasn't happy and excited, but it wasn't new. Congrats on another girl!

Kami Milliron said...

HOOOORAY, congrats ! She is going to be just as beautiful as her big sister. Oh and her Mama too : )

Kami Milliron said...

Oh and I agree with you and Allison . . I wasn't super into my other pregnancies. I certainly wasn't as gung - ho about certain things. I remember being religious about my prenatals up until Douglas was born. But with Ellie and Josh, I started slacking at about the third trimester. It's kind of one of those " been there, done that " type things. But YES, you are still excited and happy to meet your new one. But the newness of pregnancy has worn off.

That's my thought : )

Ashley Harris said...

Wow!!! Congratulations! I kept thinking about you the past two days, wondering what the ultrasound revealed!

The Curry Family said...

Exciting! So fun :)