Thursday, September 16, 2010

Childrens Museum of Phoenix

My sister Nancy organized a little play group to go and do fun things around the valley every third Thursday of the month. Today was our first play date, and we went to the Childrens Museum of Phoenix. It was actually really cool. I think what was really fun for me, is now Kate and Clark are the age where they can do everything. Most of the stuff was created around imaginative play, like a grocery store and a restuarant ect, and they just played! It seems like last summer when we did a bunch of stuff, it was fun, but alot of it was me trying to explain to them what to do and what all the toys were for. This time they figured it all out on their own and had a blast. (That, and I just got to sit back and watch!)
The museum has 3 floors with all kinds of things to do. A big jungle gym, a craft room where you can paint a play castle, a room to make your own fort, a grocery store, a restarant, a play house and lots of other cool stuff. Here's some pics of Kate and Clark doing their thing.


At this station they had bikes you could ride through a tunnel and then through a play car wash.




Here they had a dune buggy and dirt bike to play on, complete with gas pump and pinewood derby style car races.

Kate eating an ice cream cone from the play icecream shop.





Here's the restaurant with ovens, stoves, pots and pans, plates, cups, bowls and even a brick fire oven to bake pizza. Clark really loved the restaurant.


Here's the grocery store where you check out all your food.


Here's all the kids; Jack, Kate, Clark and Nolan.
If you want to join us on our next play date- let me know! The more the merrier!

2 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm so impressed you already have this up on your blog. I might have a post about it in two weeks! :) Even though Jack didn't have nearly as much fun as Kate and Clark, it was really fun to all go together. I can't wait til next month!

The Montgomerys said...

I am saying it now because I didn't say it on the last post.
Congrats on number 3!