Monday, October 4, 2010

Bye-Bye Nap Time

I'm in tears as I write this sad post. Just kidding, although no mother wants to say good-bye to her blissful alone time while children are napping. I guess all good things come to an end, and since Kate and Clark are approaching 4 years old, I've had a good little run with nap time. They have been weaning themselves for about a month now, and I could usually get them to nap about every other day. Now it's about once or twice a week, and I do my best to keep one of those days Sunday, so Ryan and I can nap together. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be- at least they are old enough where they just play all afternoon, and they really don't cause too much trouble. Another bonus is we can put them to bed a little bit earlier. The only downfall is that now that I'm pregnant- I could really use an afternoon nap. Oh well, maybe when the baby is born and Kate and Clark are in preschool- I can take a morning nap with the baby!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

My daughter stopped napping just after she turned 4. It's pretty rare for her to nap now (almost 5), but she has to have quiet time...I'm not ready for my 2 1/2 to be done napping yet ;)