Monday, June 14, 2010

Clark

For those of you who don't know Clark- he can be quite the little spit-fire when he wants to. He can also be very stubborn.
Today after swim lessons I let Kate and Clark get in the pool to swim with me. I have been trying to get Clark to roll on his back to take a breath and he will NOT do it. So today he was swimming from the play step to the rocks, jumping off and swimming back. I was trying to get him to take a breath in the middle and he did not want to. One time he got to the rocks, climbed up and was ready to jump when I told him to swim to me, take a breath and then swim the rest of the way. He just said," Mom, I am an expert. I can swim all the way across by myself."
I was flabergasted! When did he know what an 'expert' is? Although; he did jump off and swim all the way across with no breath!

4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Oh boy, I think you might have that same problem with Douglas ! He seems to forget breathing altogether when he swims. And do you see how I feel ALL day - there are words Douglas uses ( and in the right context ) and I'm like, where the heck did you learn that !

We were sad not to make it today either. Douglas wasn't feeling bad at all by later this morning. But I wad pretty miserable. But we will for sure be there tomorrow !

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm so glad I got to witness that. It was hilarious! He definitely has a mind of his own and when he sets out to do something, he will do it!

Hannah Manis said...

He was saying that earlier in the day like,"He is an expert." And I think that he was directing that at Jack, or when I was jump roping... Finny!

Ashley Harris said...

So funny!