Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last Week

So much has happened in the last week- it's just easier to lump it all into one post. To start, for our anniversary Ryan bought me a new camera. Yeah! Our other camera was just dying. The screen wasn't working anymore- so it was nearly impossible to take pictures. Ryan wanted to buy me an adapter kit for my iPod, so I could listen to my tunes while I swim, but I'm just too practical and opted for the camera instead. That being said, that's why it's taken me so long to post anything- I had to download new software for the new camera. (Not that it's a difficult process, I'm just tired and lazy!)
So last Thursday (our anniversary) we were supposed to go up to my parents cabin for the weekend. We were at Target picking out my new camera, car loaded and ready to go when Ryan got a call from Bill Okland (boss) asking about some issues on his job site. Needless to say, Ryan felt it unwise to go to the cabin. So we left the Tahoe packed up, just took out the food and stayed home Thursday night. I left first thing Friday morning with the kids and Ryan went to work, then joined us later Friday afternoon.
We had a great weekend at the cabin. My sister Nancy, brother Rob, their families and my parents were all up there. Ryan and I slept better there in the cold basement than we have in along time! The kids had a great time going fishing, riding the tractor, watching movies and playing with cousins.


These first few pictures need some explaination. Ryan and his great imagination got the kids playing "pirates" on the back porch. They would look through their monoculars to find pirates and guard their treasure in the cooler. Very cute. (You can tell the first few pictures were taken by Tiffany and her great camera!)







Found a lizard by the camp fire.











Kate playing her guitar.




Sunday was Auntie Ellen's birthday, so we had a little party for her with cake, lemon bars (she loves lemon goodies) and stayed up until 1am playing Beatles Rock Band!




Monday afternoon we hung out with our friends Brett and Jess and their kids Peyton and Colton. Here's the kids in the play pool.





Last of all today we picked our first zuchinni from the garden. It is quite large, due to the fact that my pumpin vines and weeds covered it up so I couldn't see it. It's amazing what you find when you weed the garden!

1 comment:

Tiffany Haynes said...

Cute new blog template!
That's a huge zucchini!