Monday, September 22, 2008

Cabin Trip

We were supposed to go up to the cabin for Ryan's birthday way back in August, but we could never quite get all our ducks in a row to get up there. So we finally got up there last weekend. We drove up Thursday night and didn't come home until Sunday night. It makes such a difference when you have a few days to spend up there, instead of packing the whole house for overnight.
The kids had fun feeding the fish, watching the horses and playing on the tractor. They got lots of attention from "Bigee and Bob" (Bridgett and Rob) and their surrogate parents, Ellen and Josh. Friday afternoon we got hit by a big rain storm. The rain cooled it down to between 55 and 60 degrees, and it actually stayed cool for the rest of the day. It was nice change from our never-ending heat.
Friday Ryan worked all day fixing the bathtub fixtures in one of the bathrooms. It was quite the project- but we are all glad it's finally done. Thanks Honey!

Ryan and Josh spent most of Sunday playing Halo while Ellen and I jammed out to Guitar Hero. Believe it or not, we are rock stars, and our band, "The Brownies" beat the game. On easy. (Ellen did most of it)
Ellen was even nice enough to take some family pictures for us, and I'm excited to see how they turned out. Ryan wasn't especially happy that I decided to take pictures (as he HATES taking pictures) so we'll see if his smug grin is worthy of a Christmas card.
Kate playing with her 'purse'
Clark's first Oreo
Clark with his favorite pal, Josh
Kate with surrogate Mom, Ellen

5 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I have had some fun times up at that Cabin, I am glad you got to go !

London's Run said...

The bathroom fixtures are really nice--we were just up there last weekend. Thanks Ryan! It didn't rain on us though, so count your blessings! I miss you guys!

Teagan said...

hey... I love your garden... you want to come and plant one for me:) That is a gift!!

Bret said...

Sounds like fun! We still need to get together some time.

The Wagamans said...

I am dying laughing because I made Matt sit through our own family pictures yesterday! In our 5 years of being married we have never had a real family picture taken. I finally arranged for a friend that loves to take pictures to meet us at the park to take some REAL pictures. Matt about died. I have no idea if any of them turned out between Matt rolling his eyes and Ellie all over the place! I'll keep you posted on that one.