Sunday, September 11, 2011

Catching Up- Car Accident

On Sunday August 14th while I was driving home from work, one of our neighbors ran into my Tahoe on his motorcycle. As I was driving down our street I saw him getting on his motorcycle, then as I was starting to turn into our driveway I heard this awful sound of metal crunching. I don't really remember feeling him hit the tahoe- but it was more the sound that scared me than anything. I stopped the car, got out, and saw him get up and walk out into the street. He was not wearing a helmet and hit his head on the Tahoe. He seemed to be ok, but had a huge bump on his head. After we exchanged all the info, he went to Urgent Care and was sent to the hospital to spend the night. Luckily- he was ok and was released the next day. I felt really bad for him. He hit me and he was the one who got hurt. The only "good" thing that came from it was that I got to drive a brand new 2011 Tahoe for 2 weeks while we got ours fixed. 
This is where he ran into the Tahoe

It's hard to see the dent up on the side- but that is where his head hit the Tahoe.


When we first got this Tahoe, I thought,"This is nice, but I still like my
Tahoe better." Well let's just say after driving it for 2 weeks I did not want to give
it back. My most favorite parts- 1) Remote start. It is awesome. Being able to
start the car when you are walking in the parking lot and have it cooling down
before you even get it in is divine. 2) Bose speakers. For those of you who know my love for
dance music will understand my love for a nice stereo system in a car. 3) It was a very smooth ride.
Now that I'm back in our tahoe- I realize how smooth the new one is.
Too bad it is going to be many years before I get to drive a new car again!

No comments: