Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Redemption


Yesterday I tried to redeem myself from being a horrible Mother this summer. I've used my excuse" It's too hot" to get myself out of doing fun things with the kids. I guess I feel guilty since we did so much when we were in Utah last summer. So My sister Nancy and I took the kids to Tempe Beach Park at Tempe Town Lake and then to Arizona Mills Mall for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. Tempe Beach park has an awesome splash pad with tons of water toys for the kids to run around and play in. I feel bad that we hadn't gone earlier in the summer, as it won't be open passed Labor Day.


Clark using the big water gun.


Trying to sit on the water fountain



Kate in the waterfall

I love this picture of Clark in the waterfall. For once I had perfect timing with the camera!


The kids LOVED the Rainforest Cafe. It was funny, when I told Clark we were going to the Rainforest Cafe, he said "proud sponsor of PBS kids." Yes, we watch Sesame Street every morning.
We got to sit right next the elephants and near the monkeys. We must have walked around the restaurant at least 3 times looking at everything. It is very cool, but also pricey. But worth the experience.
Hopefully I can continue to do some fun things with the kids, as I keep telling myself, it'll cool down soon! Luckily there are alot of indoor museums we haven't been to yet!

3 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

You are a great momma and those 2 kiddos LOVE you!! But you are right, it is too DAMN HOT!!

Nancy Pitney said...

Hey, I just got a thing in the mail for membership to the Zoo. I don't know how much it'd be for your family, but for us it's only gonna be $45! Once it starts getting cooler, I want to take Jack more often. It was fun getting out! (and email me the pics of Jack you took so I can post them on my blog!)

Tiffany Haynes said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm so glad I informed you they had an awesome splash pad. Next time, I want an invite :)