Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Home Improvement

Friday night I hosted book club at my house, which is just a good excuse to get all the little projects done around the house. I have to have my house looking good before I can host a party, right? So of course Ryan got volunteered to finish my to-do list before Friday. So this is what we did last week:

I bought the 'Family' sign when I was in Utah and have been really excited about putting it up on the wall. I had all the pictures on the wall before we left, but did some re-arranging of furniture and decided that the pictures would go on this wall. I was acutally pretty proud of myself. I put these all up by myself. However I did not measure all of the pictures exactly- so don't look too close.


Since the flat screen was a new addition when we were in Utah, when we got home I decided that it needed to go over the fireplace. Ryan was not in love with the idea and tried to talk me out of it for a month. However, I won, and the TV stays over the fireplace. So last week we had to move an outlet up under the TV- so you can't see all the cords. Which means, drywall patch and painting. I also got Ryan to hang up the shelf for the XBox and the DVD player.

So TA- DA. Here are the latest home improvements for the Johnson family. I guess I just need to host a party any time I want something done!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Love it!
Scott would be jealous about the mounted flat screen too.

Jenny Johnson said...

I am the same way. Even if it's just normal people coming over, I want my to-do's finished before they come. The pictures look awesome! Good job!

Nancy Pitney said...

Very nice. Want to come put up all the pictures at my house?

Jess said...

It looks great!!!

Tiffany Haynes said...

Looks fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person.
The capes you made are darling!!!