Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Life

Geeze Jel, update your blog already! I know, I know, I know. Life is just crazy, as I'm sure it is for everyone else. It doesnt help that everytime I sit down to blog I can't get my pictures off my camera and who wants to read a post without any pictures! So anyways I was going to write about my kids having to take their clothes off from the waist down everytime they go outside- but it's just not a cute without pictures of their bare butts. So maybe another day.
I have been really busy with just life in general. I feel like I have so much going on that I dont even have time to keep up with the normal day to day things. I acutally just got called to be the 'Activities Committee Chairman' at church and had to plan a Christmas party in 3 weeks for 200 people. So needless to say, I haven't had much time to myself. Plus I've been so BAH Humbug about Christmas this year- it's really been hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit. I think it was because I was so busy Thanksgiving weekend, that I didnt have time to just sit and enjoy the beginning of the holiday season. I usually get my Christmas decorations up that weekend but was too tired after baking for a boutique and running the Turkey Trot. I just barely put up some decorations on Monday and dont have the energy to put the rest up. I debated for about a week whether or not to even send out Christmas cards. But I ordered them yesterday- so if you get one- it might just be after Christmas. I dont know if it's because money is tight and things all of a sudden seem way too expensive, but I just don't even want to buy a dang thing. So we will be having a very humble Christmas this year- which really is fine with me. We're just going to build the kids a sand box in the back yard and call it good. Gosh I sound depressing! Really life isnt that bad, but sometimes all the bad stuff piles up and just comes out! Like in the book "These is My Words" when Sarah just explodes on Savannah one day- that is me today! So anyways- I think I've vented enough, and if you actually read this post without a picture- you really are a good friend!

6 comments:

The Montgomerys said...

Merry Christmas ans a happy new year!

The Montgomerys said...

AND

Kami Milliron said...

I couldn't agree more with things feeling like things are weighing you down. I feel like everything that could go wrong right now is. Tyler and I have talked about Christmas and we're not sure we're doing anything for each other this year. I think we're just getting Douglas a few things and calling it good. We're pretty tight on money too.

Airan said...

The really nice thing is that the kids are still young enough not to know about Christmas! We are in the same position and Kelson is just getting a few SMALL things. And I'm very impressed with your venting! Even with the no pictures, I enjoyed it! It's nice to know that you are human just like the rest of us. Things just don't always go the way we want them to!

Nancy Pitney said...

I think everyone goes through phases where they are so busy and tired that nothing seems fun.

As far as the Christmas spirit, remember that it doesn't have anything to do with how much you spend or what you buy. I think your kids will have a blast playing in the sand box, and what better Christmas present than that?

I decided this year that I just wanted to enjoy the season by putting up decorations, listening to the Christmas music and putting a Christmas smelling Scentsy on. When you remember favorite Christmases of the past, do you remember what you got? Probably not! I remember the mood, smells and being with family.

Love you!

The Weights said...

Jel, I think that it is great to have a post about REAL life!! I am sorry that your plate has been so full! Sometimes life is just plain hard to balance!
It is so easy to get caught up in the busy-ness of Christmas and the gifts, but I think that it is the special memories and the people that make it so special! I think that the sandbox is a GREAT gift!! Think of the hours of fun and memories your kids will have!! Perfect!!
Take care!
Keisha