Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

The day after Christmas we decided to pack up everything but the kitchen sink and head up to the cabin. Three of my sisters and my parents decided to try to tackle the weekend with 2 two year olds! When we got up there Friday afternoon, it had just started to snow and the kids got to see their first snow storm. It was AWESOME! I love the snow- especially when it is coming down. There is just something so peaceful about falling snow. It is just such a nice change to see clouds and snow and actually have some cold weather. I miss the snow of Idaho and having a white Christmas- but having it the day after Christmas was just as good. Saturday the weather had cleared, but it was still really cold. It got to 0 degrees at night and didnt get warmer than about 25 degrees that day. But it was sunny- so it didnt feel that cold. We got the sleds out and had a great time sledding down the hill behind the cabin. Clark and Kate didnt like it so much- it scared them when other people would come down the hill and "crash" at the bottom. So they stayed up on the porch with Auntie Nancy for most of it. I had a great time and managed to get Ryan to go down a few times too. It was fun to see my Mom and Dad take their turns sledding. I guess you never get too old for some things! Sunday it warmed up quite a bit and the snow started melting, I just hope it doesnt all melt before we get up there again!

Clark on the porch Friday during the snow storm.
Kate with Nana

Daddy with Clark and Mommy with Kate

Way to go Paco!!
My nephew Wyatt

My niece Hannah- the only one brave enough to go on her stomach!
The peanut gallery(Ryan, Hannah, Nancy, Aimee and Paco)

8 comments:

Jen said...

SOOO Fun! I'm hoping to hit up the snow this weekend!

Jess said...

i;m jealous!!! Enjoy the snow for me this weekend!!!

Airan said...

Oh, I'm so jealous about your trip to the snow! I wouldn't want to live in it, but to go and play for a day or so! Kelson experienced snow for the first time over Thanksgiving up in Utah. He didn't care for it much, mainly because he had to wear a jacket and he HATED every second he was stuffed into it!

Leslie said...

I am jealous too!! I wanted to go up to the snow on Monday but things were to busy. Hopefully it doesnt all melt too soon!!

Kami Milliron said...

I am SO jealous of all the snow ! I can't wait until we leave for Dental School because chances are we will move somewhere that has snow in the winter.

Ashley Harris said...

That looks like so much fun! I love snow storms - from the inside of a warm house! I think fresh fallen snow is just about the most beautiful thing there is. Just you watch, next year Clark and Kate will be all about sledding!

Thanks for the recommendation of a sledding place. We ended up going to Cinch Hook and just parking along the road even though it was closed. It was so much fun!

Nancy Pitney said...

Good pics! Thanks for letting us play with Kate and Clark the whole weekend. It was fuN!

Leah said...

Hey Jen! It's Leah from the ward. I found your blog via Ashley's who found via Airan's who I found via Facebook! haha! Anyways, I enjoyed reading your blog. It's fun to read what people are thinking about! My blog is private, but I'd love to have you on board. Email at leah.lcs@gmail.com if you're interested.

~Leah Smith