Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kids for Sale

I love my kids, but I have thought- "you drive me crazy" at least a dozen times in the past few days. I guess you could say we have hit the terrible twos. Just to give you an example of what goes on in our house..... The other day Ryan was running late from work (seems to be the usual these days) and so I was feeding the kids dinner while I finished preparing dinner for Ryan and I. They both had some chicken nuggets with ranch(their favorite part), and I looked over to see them elbow deep in the ranch, flinging it every where. Now you might think- why did you give them so much ranch- I didn't! That was one spoonful each and they managed to get it all over the walls floor and themselves. So after cleaning them up, I put them out to play while I cleaned up the rest. Then Kate comes over to me saying "yucky" with her hands outstretched. What was on her hands? Poop. She dug her hands in to her diaper and got poop all over her hands only to wipe it all over her shirt. So after I clean her all up and change her clothes, I walk over to Clark only to find out she'd wiped it on him too!! So I just about lost it. I don't know what it is about that hour from 5:30pm to 6:30pm - but it is just hell. In the Johnson family, we call it the 'arsenic hour'. You either feel like giving it or taking it!
In addition to all that we've started the whinning for everything, fighting over everything and Clark has even started the going limp thing when I'm trying to get him to do something! So needless to say- they've had quite a bit of crib time the past few days.
I don't mean to use my blog as a vent- but I just had to let you all know that my kids are just as bad - if not worse than yours! We are not perfect by any means- so feel better about what you're doing, because being a Mom is hard. So give yourself a pat on the back- because you certainly won't get it from your kids!

6 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Thanks for that Jel ! It is nice to know that your PERFECT Kids are not 100 percent perfect all the time ! If you think the two's are bad, sorry to tell ya, the three's are worse ! I am convinced that Kids have their terrible stages until they're 18 and moved out !

The Weights said...

It must be going around!! Lately, Jackson has driven me nuts!! And I also must admit, that my patience has pretty much been non-existent! So, not a good combination!!
It IS hard being a mom sometimes!! I go from being furious, and then I look at his sweet face and feel guilty for reacting, then I am filled with love and more regret for getting angry. It's tough!! I can empathize!! Hang in there!! Call me if you need to talk!

London's Run said...

I'm SO looking forward to Motherhood! :-) Is that really what it's going to be like?

Ashley Harris said...

Yeah so I seriously thought I was going to go CRAZY when my twins were two. Every day was just insane and they would fight over every little thing and the whining and crying - oh my gosh, it was so hard! For us 3 has been a little easier, because they can communicate and understand much better, but I just think being a parent is rough at any age! I have to say, that day sounded particularly horrible! Keep your chin up, you're doing a great job, even if it doesn't always seem that way.

Janalie said...

I am a twin and reading your blog makes me love my mother even more!!! Hang in their.

The Adamsons said...

hey there! it's ellen meyers adamson. would you send me your email so i can add you to my blog? beautiful kids by the way!!