Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finished!


I just finished reading 'Breaking Dawn' , the last book of the 'Twilight' series by Stephanie Meyer and I LOVED IT!! I borrowed it from my sister Nancy and had it for 2 days before I opened it up and started reading, not because I didn't want to read it, but I knew my life would be put on hold until I finished it. Saturday night Ryan picked it up and was going to start reading it, and I quickly stopped him. He was NOT going to read it before me! Ha! So I started reading that night and couldn't put it down. I have to say that I loved the first book, was ok witht the 2nd book, wasn't in love with the third, and a bit worried about how this would end up. But I was not disappointed with the 4th. Now I'm going to tell you what I liked about this book, so if you haven't read it yet- or finished it- stop reading now- or I'll ruin it for you.........

I am so glad that Bella finally turned into a vampire. Ryan and I have wanted this to happen since the first book. And I know there is a big debate between Edward and Jacob- but I've been rooting for Edward the whole time. Here's my reasons- 1. In the first book she made it so clear that it was true love. 2. Jacob is immature and selfish. Edward always did what was best for Bella and truly sacrificed for her. All Jacob did was try to get her to leave Edward. 3. Vampires are way cooler than werewolves!!

Also, you have to take into account that this is a FANTASY book. It's not real, no matter how much you think it is- so Bella 'giving up her mortality' has really nothing to do with it- it's all about love. And I believe that if you find that true love in your life- you would do anything to be with that person forever. (For those of us who are LDS- we believe that it's possible to be with some one for eternity- so why not?)

As for this book I liked that she told part of the story from Jacobs point of view. I didnt like it at first, but began to understand things in a different way. It made me really mad at Bella for being a dumb girl- but that was probably the point. I liked that for once Edward and Jacob were on the same page and Bella was the one on the outside.

I thought it was CRAZY that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee (by the way what kind of name is that! And how the heck do you say it!). Didnt see that one coming. I knew he'd have to imprint on someone before the book ended, but that was a surprise.

I loved the love story between Edward and Bella in this one. It seemed their relationship was a lot more mature in this book. I thought Stephanie did a great job with the physical intimacy of their relationship. They were married, she didnt go into detail, and showed what a bonding, beautiful thing intimacy is in a marriage. I thought they had a great husband/wife relationship. They both loved eachother enough to do anything to save eachother, and could tell what the other wanted or was thinking without knowing. They worked together, protected eachother, diagreed with eachother and had to take care of a child together.

Well I could go on and on about this book, but I won't. I'd be surprised if anyone reads through all this nonsence in the first place! But I loved it!

4 comments:

Airan said...

You are funny Jen! I too was hooked to the Twilight series! Kim Ellsworth was talking about it in front of me about 2 weeks ago and so I asked about them. I'm not much of a reader, but she claimed they were amazing. She dropped book 1 off to me Saturday night and I started it at about 10PM. I finished it by 10PM Sunday and borrowed book 2. I finished each book in about a day. That continued until book 4. I wasn't as into book 4 for some odd reason. I think I just wanted her to get straight to the point about Bella becoming a vampire and not poke around about it. I also wanted more of the "lust" between Edward and Bella... she calmed that down in book 4. But, I can't complain, all in all, I was hooked and am now wanting to go to Forks, WA and steal Edward away from Bella.... :)

Kami Milliron said...

It's so funny how people get SO into things, you know ?! I have never read the Book and I really don't want to, but it is so funny to read this post because it sounds like you are talking about good Friends of yours !

Nancy Pitney said...

I agree with alot of what you said. I do think Bella matured a lot in the 4th book. Do you think that's because she got pregnant? If she hadn't, would she have stayed the same?

I also thought the love scenes were tasteful. Brighton made a comment about the book being racy, and from a teenager/virgin perspective I guess it could be. But I have read way more explicit things and thought this really showed what you said: the intimacy of sex. Yes there was passion, but the expression was all about intimacy. And of course, I'm glad they waited until they were married.

I'm sure we'll carry on this conversation at book club!

Jenny Johnson said...

I finally finished on Sunday night!! I loved it to and I second every statement you made. I loved the way it ended.