Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nana and Paco's House

So just about everyday, Kate and Clark ask for Nana and Caco (Paco), and I have to tell them, "No we're not going to Nana's today". Well this week was my first week of teaching swim lessons and I found myself wanting to go to my mom's house. Now I love my parents and I love visiting them, but on this of all weeks, when I had no time because of the 4 hour chunk of time I was missing everyday to swim lessons everyday, but why did I feel the need to go over there? I couldn't quite figure out why, but I kept thinking of excuses to go. So Wednesday afternoon I had to fill up water bottles at Water and Ice and decided to stop by my moms on the way back. Needless to say the kids loved playing on the swing, picking blackberries, apricots, figs and apples, looking for the cats with Paco and going for a ride in the 'Paco Mobile'. It wasn't till after we left that I realized why I love going over there- I can't do a dang thing but play with my kids. I can't do laundry, clean up the kitchen, or any of the other million reasons I put off playing with my kids at home. All I can do there is enjoy being with my kids and giving them experiences that they couldn't have anywhere else. For those of you haven't been to my parents house, their yard is amazing. My dad has a beautiful garden, lots of trees, a huge pool and lots of grass! (We have no grass at our house) So I appreciate my parents giving me such a wonderful place to take my kids and just play. I have also realized how much I miss being with my kids all day long. Even though I only teach for a few hours, and they are taking their naps for most of it- I still feel like I'm missing out. I miss putting them down for their naps everyday, and appreciate it more now. I am also so grateful for a wonderful husband who works so hard to provide for us so that I can stay at home. I can honestly say that I love being a mom and there is NOTHING in this world that I'd rather do. So here's a few pics of Kate and Clark playing in the irrigation and with the hose at Nana and Paco's......

5 comments:

The Weights said...

Sounds like a fun day!! Those are priceless moments when you can just enjoy the simple, fun moments with your kids!! They go by so fast! I also think that they help to remind us to slow down and have some fun! It looks like they had a great time!!

Kami Milliron said...

I LOVED playing in your parents backyard as a kid, we had so much fun back there. And I agree with you, we need to remember what a joy our Children are and how fast they grow up. You're such a great Mom Jel !

Jenny Johnson said...

Too fun! I bet Clark and Kate have a blast over there. No wonder they always want to go over there!

Kami Milliron said...

You have done a GREAT job on your Blog, I love it !

The Montgomerys said...

Jel love the new background. We are going to have to play at your parents another time. I remember all the fun I had back there and I can just think of the fun my kids would have. Thanks for the invite. Kate and Clark are get so big! Great job!