Monday, February 21, 2011

Charlie, Charlee or Charley?

I can not decide how to spell Charlotte's name. I've been spelling it "Charlie" but I kinda want to do something a little different. If I spell it differently is that too weird? Will people think it's pronounced differently? What's your vote?


Here's some pictures of her room. It's nothing spectacular, but it's a start. I do have pink curtains for the windows, so that helps balance out the brown.
I got the "C" from Hobby Lobby and that is a cork board on the other wall,
it's pink with white polka dots.

Here's a closer look at the bumper pads.  I'm really happy with the way they turned out.

Here's the quilt. It took forever, but I love it now that it's done.  Yes,
I made each of the squares individually and put them together.


Just a few more days and she will be here!

9 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

For some reason I thought you were having another boy. Wow, I was wrong : ) I love her name and I think Charlee and Charley are super cute. I am so excited for you : )

Jen said...

um, ok I totally forgot you were prego. Lets see a baby bump pic:)

I like the Charlee spelling:)

Good luck on all the preparations!
& LOVE the room!

Ashley Harris said...

You're so crafty!! Her room looks so cute!

I LOVE the name Charlotte! It was between that name and Ruby if Griffin would have been a girl. I personally like Charley, I think it looks a little bit more feminine but that's just me.

I'm so excited for you! She's almost here!!

The Curry Family said...

I, too, love the name Charlotte! Her room looks great, I love the quilt!! I like Charley :)

And no, you are not weird for wanting to spell her nick name a little different. It will give her her own uniqueness :)

Jenny Johnson said...

I like Charly and the quilt turned out SO good. You're amazing for doing that and being a momma to 2 others kiddos! The room rally looks great! But then again, so did the twins room! I can't wait to meet my new niece

Nancy Pitney said...

See, Kami thought you were going to have a boy--you've got to spell it a girlie way! What about Charli? Personally, I would say "SHAR-LEE" when I read "Charlee", so between the 3 I say with the "Y". But I like "Charli" the best. Sorry if I make it harder for you to decide! The room turned out so cute! We're excited to meet her!

Allison Johnson said...

I like how Nancy spelled it, Charli. Out of your picks though, Charlee. I LOVE the name Charlotte!

The Weights said...

I am so excited for you!! Take care and good luck!! I can't wait to meet her!! Cute room and I love the quilt!

Ellen said...

Charly makes me think of that really sappy book & movie. I like Charlie, but that's just me. She'll be loved however it is spelled.

The room is awesome. You are the best!