Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby Update

Yesterday at my Dr. appointment we did an ultra sound and confirmed that Charlie is still breech. She was like that a few weeks ago at my last appt, but we were hoping she'd turn.  Because I am measuring bigger than my 'planned' due date, we scheduled a C- section for next Thursday, February 24th. I am some what relieved, just because of the risks involved with doing a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarian). I really wanted to try to do a VBAC, but the closer it got, the more I realized that more than anything I wanted Dr. Beck to be there and have a complication free delivery. I was just so scared and worried that I would go into labor when Dr. Beck wasn't on call, or not available and another Dr would end up giving me a C section. Since most Dr's don't like doing VBAC 's ( because they are risky and the Dr has to be there the whole time you are in labor) I was afraid that another Dr wouldn't even let me try. So I"m kinda glad that Charlie has made the decision easy, and another C-section it is. Now at least I know when this baby is going to be here and that Dr. Beck will be the one performing the surgery. 
I have been working hard to get her room and everything ready, and I'll put pics up as soon as it is all done.  I finished making her bumper pads and quilt, Ryan painted her room, I got a few things to decorate and now we are just waiting for some crib parts to come in the mail so I can put it all together. 
So this week I am trying to get everyone in for haircuts and then next week I'll be trying to get my house clean and ready for this baby!

1 comment:

Tiffany Haynes said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's crazy, it's come so soon! That is a huge relief! We are so excited for you guys!