Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moving

Wow. Has it really been 2 whole months since I've been on blogger? Well for those of you who haven't heard yet- Ryan and I are moving to Utah. He is getting transfered up there for 5 months. He will be on a project that is remodeling a Target to turn it into a Super Target. The job is in Cottonwood, (south of SLC) but we are looking for houses in the Sandy/Lehi area. He will be gone by June 1st and I'll go up around the 20th.
We found out last Friday and since then I have run the gammit of emotions. At first I was really excited, then totally scared, then sad and now just kinda numb. It doesnt really feel real yet. I finally cried about it last night and now I feel a little bit better about it. I know this is such a good thing for Ryan, his job and for us as a family. We have been wanting to move away for years, now we get the chance to try it out and see if we like it. It's the perfect time of year- we get to escape the heat and we'll be able to see fall and maybe snow and then be back before it gets too cold.
I'm a detail oriented person, so all I can think about is having to pack up my house, what stuff will stay, what will go and when will I get it all done! Since I'm staying to do my first session of swim lessons, I'll be teaching 6 hours everyday and then packing at night- all without Ryan. I think that is the part that kills me the most. I don't know if I can handle being alone for that long. Originally it was going to be about 5 weeks that I'd be by myself, but somethings have changed and now it'll only be about 3 weeks- so that's better, but still hard.
So hopefully this will motivate me to keep my blog updated more frequently- so I can keep in touch with everyone!

6 comments:

Hannah Manis said...

I am soooooooooooo sad!!! Now when you have to go to a movie or a Ward Temple night WHO in there right mind is going to Babysit the Babies instead of me????? Well, I guess that it is for your own good. Will you ever come back and visit, for the baby's birthday????? Now you HAVE to post pictures of the baby's so we can see how BIG they are getting!!!!!! SNIF, SNIF!!! I don't want them to forget me or any else!!!!
Love you!!
Hang in there!!
Your Niece,
Hannah Manis

Kami Milliron said...

If you want, we can do a Girls night ; ) Or we can have a big play date with everyone. You know the Bunco Girls will keep you company !

I am a little bit jealous you're moving to Utah. It's such a gorgeous place. I LOVE the weather year round there. Never too hot and totally awesome in the winter time. I would move there in a heartbeat.

Let me know if you need any help packing, etc. I am more than happy to take your kids for a couple hours if you need it.

Jen said...

I think this is going to be a fun adventure. I hate moving, but it is nice to start on a clean slate.
KIT!

Nancy Pitney said...

We will miss you. You know who to call when you need help!

The Weights said...

Okay- I just found out on Friday!! WHAT...... I am happy for your little family to have the chance to move away for a little while- it will be a fun adventure!!! Just 5 months, no BIG commitments!! I will miss you and you better keep your blog updated so that we can keep up!!

Unknown said...

This is strange - that's the Target I shop at!! You need help with anything while you're up here, let us know!