Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Building, Birthday Cakes and Bare Butts

What could a post with that kind of title possibly be about? A cabin trip! This past weekend we went up to my parents cabin so Ryan could help my Dad build his wood shed. Ryan had this great idea to build my Dad a wood shed this summer, and then made the mistake of telling my Dad! Ryan poured the concrete a few weeks ago and then this weekend did the wood framing and roofing. My Dad is an aerospace engineer, not a construction engineer, so Ryan had to bite his tongue a few times, and let my Dad "Roger" the project. Ryan is a perfectionist, especially when it comes to building, and my Dad is the fastest, cheapest way kind of guy. From my untrained eye- it looks just fine, but Ryan would tell you otherwise!

So they worked all day Saturday on that, while I played with the kids and worked in the kitchen. Bridgett and Rob came up that night and brought Kate and Clark a 'Fudgy the Whale' birthday cake. I had never seen one before, but apparently they are pretty popular. It's an ice cream cake, and very (as Kate would say) Delicious! Bridgett and Rob spoil my kids, but I'm definitely ok with that. Kate is finally warming up to Rob and even let him hold her on the swing.



Now's the part you've been waiting for- what's the story about the bare butt? Well Kate and Clark have been intrigued with the toilet and potty training. Kate is doing much better than Clark, but Clark wants to so badly! He now just wants to sit on the toilet after Kate does, even though he doesn't do anything. So we've had some problems with Clark taking his diaper off. He doesn't undo the velcro, he just shimmy's out of it. Well Sunday after church, we came home and put them to bed. While they were sleeping we got all packed up to go, and ended up having to wake them up to leave. So when Ryan went to get Clark, this is what he found.......

9 comments:

Airan said...

That is too cute about Clark! I can't believe you got that picture! Kelson has started attempting to take his diaper off, but, knock-on-wood, he's been unsuccessful with it! Good luck with the potty training!

Jess said...

Pictures are worth a thousand words. That picture could be used as blackmail later. Hope all is going well with the johnsons.

Kami Milliron said...

That brings back SO many memories ! Right before Douglas started to potty train, he went through this whole taking off the diaper phase. But he would totally take it off. We tried layering his clothes so that he wouldn't be able to get to it, putting it on backwards and taping it on him. I felt horrible taping his diaper on, but I was desperate. Finally it just took him wanting to potty train and not have a diaper. So don't worry, this phase it normal and will end soon : )

The Weights said...

Okay that is HILARIOUS!!! The picture is the BEST!! I needed to laugh! What a fun weekend and Ryan is so great to do that for/with your day!
Good luck with the potty training!

The Weights said...

I meant to say Ryan is so great to do that for/with you DAD!

The Wagamans said...

Hey Guys, I am just now catching up with you. I have been so focused on getting my own blog going that I haven't stopped to check on anyone else's. It is nice to get out of my little self centered world to see that other people have absolutely adorable kids too!! :) You guys look great and I only wish that I could see you both (or rather all four of you) in person. Miss you!
Mandy

Janalyn said...

I just saw you guys at Stake Conference, but didn't get to you in time to say hi. Kami just commented on my blog and I told her we should get together at a park or something soon. Your kids are adorable!

Chunky Monkey said...

That is HILARIOUS!

Leslie said...

Okay, I am officialy leaving my first comment on our blog. That is way too funny!! Definetly a photo worth saving for blackmail.

Love your blog!!