Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Where do I even start?! We went up to my parents cabin for the weekend and had a great time. 4 out of my 7 siblings were there- and that always makes for a good time. I really enjoy spending time with my family and being able to just hang out and talk and laugh with them. There is just something about being with your own family that brings you back to who you really are and the feeling of home. It's also fun to get to know my nieces and nephews who are turning into adults! (That makes you feel old) But I just loved sitting on the porch during the rain storm and listening to my Dad, my brother Rob and nephew Zack play guitars while we all sang along. The weather was beautiful and rained every afternoon and dropped the temperature down to about 60 degrees!

Kate and Clark had a great time playing with their cousins- especially Jacob, who is just a year older than them. The older girl cousins had fun playing with Kate and wanted her to tag along to whatever they were doing. But most of all they loved being with Nana and Paco. Clark just loves my dad and if he was around, Clark was his sidekick! Clark also got to sleep with my sister Heather and her husband the first night we were there- thanks Heather for helping me get two kids asleep by myself!

We also went up to Heber on Saturday for their annual fireworks show. It is AMAZING! For those of you who dont know about it- it's the best kept secret in Arizona. It' s a pretty small gathering- compared to anything in the valley- so you dont have to fight the crowds and traffic too much. It's held right at the high school, and the were setting the fireworks off about 500ft from where we sat! You have to lay down to see the fireworks- because they are right on top of you! My niece Nicki even got some ashes that fell at her feet!

So heres some pics!
Kate going for a ride on the tractor with Daddy
Clark found this empty cooler and climbed in with is blankey
Got to love Arizona sunsets!
Clark, Jacob and Kate at the fireworks show
What a cute boy!

4 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

I just love your kiddos! They are so cute! Call me if you need a babysitter. I want to see them more often than every other sunday! Or maybe I will just come over after nap time some time soon!!

Kami Milliron said...

Our whole Family was planning on coming up to Heber for the Fireworks show, but our plans sort of fell through. But did you know that Kreg's lot that he's building his cabin on is just around the corner from your parents cabin ?! He said he was taking a walk with his Kids and came up to it and saw your Mom and Dad there !

Ashley Harris said...

The love between your kids will come - I remember times when they were 2 that I just wanted to scream and cry because ALL they did was fight and I just had a really hard time with the CONSTANT contention in our home. I guess me crying and screaming wouldn't have helped that much ... but I seriously felt at my wit's end at times. Your kids are adorable, I love these pictures!

On a separate note - please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get ready for Bunco. I'll take your kids tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning if you'd like - my kids would LOVE it!

London's Run said...

I'm sad I missed the 4th at the cabin--but glad you all had a good time. I think what makes family so great is you can be yourself--completely yourself! Plus, we kind of revert back to our childhood and let mom do all the work! :-) Love ya!