Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Three Months Old Today

Every day we sing a little song to Charly (that I stole from my sister Bridgett) that goes like this;
"Hello Charly, how are you?
Hello Charly, what you gonna do?
Hello Charly, I love you,
You are three months old today."
And of course we change the last line as she gets older and older.
Three months is the phase where you finally feel like, ' I can do this'. You get more sleep at night, you're starting to figure out a schedule and best of all your baby can see you and smiles when she sees your face. I must say I am able to just sit and enjoy Charly so much more than I was able to with Kate and Clark. With them it was purely survival. It truly is amazing the love you feel for your child- it's something that you can not express in words.
Charly is our chubby girl. Every where we go people comment on her cute chubbiness and how they just want to squeeze it! (and I do!) Most of all are her cheeks. They are so heavy they just hang off her face! She has a very sweet personality and doesn't like it when Kate or Clark cry or when I yell at them. (Which is more frequent than I'd like to admit) She loves to lay on her play mat and just in the passed few days will fuss when I'm holding her and will stop as soon as I lay her on the mat. She hates the car seat and cries as soon as I put her in it. Unfortunately with swim lessons, she's been in the car a lot! She loves her Daddy and wants him to take care of her when he is home.

Love you Charly!

1 comment:

Bridgett Ronan said...

Rock on Jel! Glad you like the song- maybe I should collect royalties... :)