Monday, May 17, 2010

Homecoming/Farewell


Saturday afternoon my oldest nephew Preston, returned home from serving a mission for the LDS church. He served in Mexico City, Mexico for 2 years. It was so fun to be at the airport and see him walk toward this big group of family and not recognize anyone! I guess things change in 2 years! After the airport, per Preston's request- we went to Filbertos for lunch. You'd think after living in Mexico you wouldn't want Mexican food, but apparently what we know as Mexican food , is not what is served in Mexico City.
Sunday he gave his report in church, along with his brother Brighton, who gave his farewell address! Brighton will be leaving in about a week and half to serve a mission in London, England.
It was a good experience to hear both of them speak and bear their testimonies about what they know to be true. It reminded me so much of my mission, and the Spirit I had and felt while I served. It was very much a spiritual nudge, to remind me of the peace and knowledge that comes from doing the things daily that invite the Spirit into your life.
Welcome Home Preston!
Good Luck Brighton!

No comments: