Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week with Nana and Paco


This picture pretty much sums up our week with Nana and Paco! We had a great time having them stay at our house. Clark followed Paco around the whole time and only wanted Paco. Paco had to sit next to him at meals, help him with his clothes, brush his teeth- the whole nine yards. Kate was just about as much attached to Nana as Clark was to Paco. It was kinda nice for me- I got a much needed break! It was just so nice to have them around. I've been in tears since we dropped them off at the airport! I guess I just realized how nice it is to have family around- and how much I just love my parents! Ryan and I would stay up and chat with them at night after the kids went to bed, usually have some kind of treat and watch some TV. It was good to have them around to talk to, and not be alone all day! My Mom even spent all afternoon Saturday helping me can 3 boxes of peaches. Even though Kate and Clark were attached at the hip- I think I'll miss them most. Clark is already talking about Christmas time when we get to go back to Nana and Paco's house. Well besides all the walks, bike rides, and trips to the park- here are some of the highlights of our week.
This is at Hogle Zoo. There was a little play ground and Kate and Clark are inside a turtle shell.
This is on a teeter- totter.
Kate riding the Zebra on the Merry-go- Round

All of us together on the Merry-go- Round

Kate and Clark looking at the monkey- (he's kinda hard to see- he's laying on his back)

On Saturday we went downtown to check out Ryan's new project. This is a map of all the new construction in downtown.


The tan colored building is the one Ryan is over right now. He's in charge of all the construction from drywall to finish.

This is outside Ryan's office. You have to wear the fancy hard hat and vest to get on the jobsite.

Paco pushing the kids.

After my Mom and Dad checked out Ryan's building we walked around Temple Square. Mostly the kids just played in the fountains.

This is at The Farm at Thanksgiving Point. Clark is feeding the ducks.


Kate feeding the geese. One of the geese honked at them and gave them quite a scare.


Pony ride

Kate on her pony

We also went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. This is Clark on the Tryanosaurus Rex foot.

This is where they got to look for fossils in the sand.
Kate and Clark looking at the Dinosaur bones


Now that you've seen what we did during the day- this is what we did at night!

Thanks Nana and Paco for coming to visit us. We had such a good time and will miss you tons. Don't forget about us while we're away!

9 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Parents are the best, aren't they ! I am so glad you had fun and were able to relax a bit. Sorry things are so stressful right now.

And, um, are those SWEATERS you are all wearing ? SOOO not fair !

Jenny Johnson said...

I love that you look like you did ordinary things and they still look fun! We reallyiss you guys and it makes me want to come up and visit!!

The Curry Family said...

What a wonderful time! It is so hard living away from family. My parents are coming to visit us for the weekend next weekend, and I cannot wait. I am always in tears when we have to say goodbye again!

Nancy Pitney said...

Finally! Some communication from you! I'm glad you had such a good time. I'm sure there were tears from Mom and Dad too--we all miss you!

Tiffany Haynes said...

Jane & Roger haven't stopped talking about their trip since they got home:) Sounds like you all had alot of fun. I'm sure they're missing you guys just as much as you miss them.

The Weights said...

It is so wonderful when family comes to visit, and there are always tears, and a sense of emptiness when they leave!!! It looks like you guys had a great time!!! It is also special for Kate and Clark to have those special one on one memories with their Nana and Paco!! Take care!!

Ashley Harris said...

So fun! I'm sure that Nana and Paco probably shed a few tears of their own having to leave you guys up there!

Airan said...

Looks like you guys had TONS of fun! So glad you were able to get a little relief and relax!

Jenny Johnson said...

I am pretty sure I will be booking my flight tomorrow!! I can't wait to see you! It's silly how we take family for granted!! I will keep you posted.