Monday, October 24, 2011

Kate and Clark are 5!

Happy Birthday Kate and Clark! Saturday we celebrated Kate and Clark's 5th birthday. Last year I did a really big birthday party for them, so this year I wanted to do something more simple, but realize now that there really is no simple way to throw 2 parties at once. I wanted them to feel like they had their own party, so I let them pick the theme of their party and invite who they wanted to. Kate chose Rapunzel and Clark chose Cars. I didn't want to have to plan activities for the party- so we decided to get a bounce house and have that be the party!






 My friend Cyndi is a cake decorator and helped me with the cakes. I borrowed her Lightening McQueen pan, and last week we got together as a practice run and she showed me how to pipe on all the frosting. It is quite the ordeal. So to get ready for the party Saturday, I was up until 1:30am putting the frosting on both cakes.


Here's the cake with Rapunzel in it.




Blowing out candles

Ryan dishing out the boys cake

Me giving out the girls cake


Paige, Kate , Ella and Felicity
Peyton, Kennedy, Cosette, Haylee and Sara
The girls' table

Cousin Sara

Levi, Cohen, Wrigley, Jake and Hayden



Clark and cousin Jake

Here's the bounce house. We got a great deal on the rental. My sister's neighbor rents them out and when I called to confirm our reservation, he had sold the small one we wanted, so he gave us this big one for the same price! Not too shabby! Thanks Nana for having a big backyard and letting me use it for the birthday party.

Paige

Their birthday was actually Sunday the 23rd, so we waited till Sunday to give them our presents.  Grandpa Johnson came over to give them presents also. Clark got a remote control Jeep and Kate got a doll from Grandma and Grandpa.

Ryan and I went to Home Depot for Clarks present. We got him a real tool pouch and put all kinds of goodies in it.  Flash light, head lamp, wrenches, tape measure, mini clamps and bungee cords! He loved it!

We got Kate a dog in a purse- her kinda toy!

No comments: